Classic Carrot Cake
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup eggbeaters
3/8 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
1/3 cup walnuts
butter flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
- In large bowl beat SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired
Makes 10 servings.
Cook’s Note: Carrot cake can be baked in any size pan. Adjust baking time accordingly.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving: Calories: Calories: 190; Calories from Fat: 80; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 270mg; Total Carbs: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 16g; Protein: 4g
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 Starch, 3/4 Fruit, 2 Fats
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.