- 1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup boiling water
1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine cocoa and boiling water, whisking until blended. Set aside.
- Combine flour, SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a fork or a pastry blender until crumbly. (This procedure may be done with a mixer at the lowest speed. Cover mixing bowl with a clean tea towel to prevent spattering).
- Combine eggs, milk, cocoa mixture and vanilla in a small mixing bowl; add 1/3 of the egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed of an electric mixer until blended. Beat at medium speed for 30 seconds or until batter is smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl. Repeat procedure 2 times.
- Spoon batter into paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar or frost with Rich Chocolate Frosting.
Makes 18 servings.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving: Calories: 180; Calories from Fat: 80; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Sodium: 160mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugars: 11g; Protein: 2g;
Exchanges Per Serving: 1 1/2 Starches, 1 Fat
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-777-5363 end_of_the_skype_highlighting or visit their website at www.splenda.com.