- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
2 ounces (1/2 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup cooked chopped broccoli
1 1/3 cups chopped fully-cooked ham
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Dash ground nutmeg
Prepared (9-inch) pastry shell
2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook mushrooms and garlic in hot butter until tender.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in pastry shell; top with mushroom mixture, broccoli and ham.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, pepper and nutmeg; pour into pastry shell. Sprinkle with Romano or Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between outer edge and center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Calories 304 calories, Protein 16 grams, Fat 16 grams, Sodium 626 milligrams, Cholesterol 187 milligrams.
Recipe provided courtesy of Pork, The Other White Meat.