Bacon and Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 5 bacon slices, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- Into a bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Blend in butter into flour with pastry cutter until mixture resembles meal.
- Stir in bacon and cheese. Add buttermilk and stir until mixture just forms a dough. Gather dough into a ball and on a lightly floured surface knead gently 8 times. Pat out dough into a 6 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut dough into 9 rectangles and arrange about 1-inch apart on baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits in middle of oven 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 9 biscuits.