Niki’s No-Sugar Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup light butter
1 cup SPLENDA® Granular
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon vinegar (white or cider)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly oil a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Blend together butters, SPLENDA® Granular and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl. Blend until butter is softened. Add egg substitute, water and vinegar. Mix briefly. Add flours, salt and baking powder. Mix using low speed (or by hand) until dough is formed. Do Not over mix.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a floured work surface. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a circle. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate approx. 1 hour, allowing dough to chill.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll out on a floured work surface to desired thickness (approximately 1/4-inch). Cut with cookie cutters. Place cookies on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned on the back. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies (2 per serving).
Nutrients Per Serving: Serving Size 2 cookies Total Calories 120, Calories from Fat 63, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 90 mg, Total Carbohydrate 12 g, Dietary Fiber <1 g, Sugars 0 g, Protein 2 g.
Dietary Exchanges: Starch 1 Fat 1.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com