Double Chocolate Brownies
- 6 tablespoons stick butter, softened
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat butter, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla until blended. Stir in combined flour, Equal®, chocolate chips, cocoa, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Spread batter in sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in a preheated 350° F oven 18 to 20 minutes or until top springs back when gently touched. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Makes 16 brownies.
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener.
Nutrition information per serving (1 brownie): calories 105; protein 2 g; carbohydrate 10 g; fat 7 g; cholesterol 38 mg; sodium 77 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.